Benefits Forms: PDF Help
IMPORTANT: All of the forms listed on these pages are in Adobe
Portable Document Format (PDF). If you do not already
have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer, you must download
and install Adobe
Acrobat Reader before you will be able to view
or print Benefits forms.
If you are experiencing trouble accessing the Adobe Acrobat (PDF) forms or books on this website, please refer to the note below.
Certain combinations of web browsers and Adobe's Acrobat PDF viewer result in problems when the PDF files are viewed from within the browser. When you click on a link to the form, a blank page may appear, 'garbage' text may appear, you may get an error message, or the page may 'freeze'.
There are several alternatives for opening the files.
Alternative 1: Disable Browser Integration
- Exit from the browser
- Open the Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Go to File -> Preferences -> General
- Un-check the "Web Browser Integration" box
- Exit from the Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Restart the web browser
- The next time you select a link to a PDF file, a dialog box will prompt you to either "Open this file from its current location", or to "Save this file to disk". Select "Open from current location..." to view the file immediately.
Alternative 2: Save the form directly to your hard drive
- Instead of opening the PDF form as you would a normal link, Right Click on the link to the PDF file and choose "Save Target As...".
- Select an easy to remember location on your hard drive to store the file
- Go to the location where you saved the form, and double-click the file to open
- This will launch the Adobe Acrobat Reader